Android App Instructions for the Kindle Fire
To install the CourseSmart Android App, you will need to have a file explorer installed on your Kindle Fire. If you have a file explorer installed, it will be located on your Kindle Fire home screen or in your list of apps. You can skip to Step 2.
Step 1: Installing a File Explorer
- Touch your Amazon Store app on your home screen
- Search "ES File Explorer" on the Amazon App store
- Tap "ES File Explorer" *Not the Cupcake version.
- Tap "Buy now from the Amazon app store." NOTE: The app is free and your account should not be charged.
- Tap "Install" (If you do not see the screen below, then your device needs to be registered using your Amazon Account, please contact Amazon Support for details).
- The ES File Explorer app will start downloading
- The app will then install
- Once the app has installed, it will be available on your Kindle Fire home screen
Alternative way to install the ES File Explorer app
- Open the browser on your Android device and type www.coursesmart.com/go/kindle
- Tap on the "ES File Explorer" link
- The ES File Explorer app will open in your Amazon Store
- Tap "Get Now"
- On your Kindle Fire home screen, tap on apps in the navigation menu
- Make sure to select the Cloud Tab on the apps screen
- Tap on the ES file explorer app icon
- The install screen will appear. Tap on install.
- Download from the cloud will begin.
- Tap on install..
- Once download is complete, the ES file explorer app will be accessible from the home screen.
- The ES File Explorer will be available on the Kindle Fire home screen.
Step 2: Download the app
- Open the browser on your Kindle Fire and type in this url: http://www.coursesmart.com/go/kindle
- Tap on the "Download .apk" link.
- The CourseSmart eTextbooks.apk will be accessible via the ES filer explorer.
- Go to the file explorer and open the download folder.
- In the download folder, tap the CourseSmarteTextbooks.apk.zip; the files will be extracted.
- Tap the CourseSmarteTextBooks.apk file with the CS logo on it, and you will be prompted to install the app.
- Now the CourseSmart app will be in your list of Kindle Fire apps.
Uninstalling the Android App
- In the list of apps, press and hold the app icon until you see the menu with the “Remove from Device” option.
- You will be prompted to uninstall the app.