Tier 2 should:
Since this is only one book, first confirm that they can generate redemption codes on other books. If they can, then it is probably an issue with the book.
Try running a Catalog API call with the ISBN
- Input the following into a web browser (highly recommend Firefox):
- http://coursesmart.com/xmlapi?ID=<isbn>&md=1 - Where <isbn> is the ISBN identified by the bookstore
- Look for <book> element, and determine if:
- Institutionportal=true (means it’s a custom book)
- Retired=true (means it’s a retired title)
- Look for <eproof> element. If present, it is a FRO.
Check to see if the ISBN is a FRO or custom ISBN.
If it is then let the bookstore know that book is not available for distribution. Ask the bookstore why they thought this ISBN was saleable (there might be an issue with the way the bookstore makes Catalog API calls (e.g., lack the portal=coursesmartnsd parameter/value pair), our monthly price list, or in our Distributor Center)
If the book is available for purchase, then escalate the ticket to Tier 3.
Tier 3 should:
- Follow the same steps as outlined in the below Zendesk article.